For over a decade the Business Council has supported strong action on climate change:
- We support the science of climate change.
- We support the Paris Agreement and transitioning to net-zero emissions by 2050.
- If Australia can meet its emissions reduction targets without Kyoto carryover credits then we should.
- We support the need for a market-based carbon price to drive the transition and incentivise investment in low, zero and negative-emission technology.
- Technology needs to drive the transition which will not only get us to a net-zero emissions future but will also create new jobs, opportunities and industries and maintain Australia’s competitiveness.
Today, we continue to advocate for policies that reduce Australia’s carbon emissions and deliver the more carbon efficient economy Australians and our members want.