2021 policy platform
The Business Council will anchor its advocacy priorities in the following key policy platforms:
- Australia remains an open, competitive, trading nation that supports private enterprise, innovation and entrepreneurship and incentivises free markets.
- A modern and increasingly digital economy that is underpinned by a transparent, competitive tax system and a simple, nationally consistent regulatory environment that meets community expectations and drives investment across our cities and regions.
- That Australia sets a national goal of net-zero emissions by 2050 and establishes nationally consistent regulations to drive private-sector investment in new technologies to achieve this goal, build new export industries and improve environmental outcomes.
- Productive, inclusive, flexible and diverse workplaces that bring out the potential of their employees, including policy settings to encourage gender equity through greater economic participation.
- A growing population with access to an education and skills system built for the modern era, complemented by an effective and targeted skilled migration program, to drive productivity and economic growth.
- Empowerment of Indigenous Australians through full participation in the Australian economy and constitutional recognition of a Voice to the parliament.
Reform long overdue – pathway to getting it done welcome
16 June 2021
We welcome the Morrison government’s comprehensive pathway to reform national environmental regulation, Business Council chief executive Jennifer Westacott said. “Today the Minister has released a roadmap that demonstrates the government’s...
NSW property tax reform submission
15 June 2021
The Business Council welcomes the opportunity to provide a submission to the NSW Property Tax Reform consultation paper. The BCA has long advocated for replacing stamp duties with a broad-based...
UK trade deal makes post-Brexit history
16 June 2021
The Prime Minister's announcement on a Free Trade Agreement with the United Kingdom is a win for Australian exporters, businesses and workers, Business Council chief executive Jennifer Westacott said.
Helping people get the business skills they need on the NSW South Coast
11 June 2021
More Bega Valley business owners have an opportunity to get skills in business planning thanks to a $15,000 funding boost from the Business Council of Australia’s bushfire recovery charity BizRebuild...