The Business Council has established a Community Rebuilding Initiative, building a permanent capability to mobilise and co-ordinate the business community's response in times of tragedy and to act as an interface with federal and state authorities and established recovery agencies.
The Community Rebuilding Initiative will run for five years, working closely with the National Bushfire Recovery Agency to co-ordinate support from the business community. There are two focusses to the initiative:
- short-term to act as an interface to coordinate efforts between the business community and governments, with a particular focus on:
- getting people access to work
- helping small businesses re-tool, and
- identifying needs on the ground.
- medium and longer-term rebuilding of businesses, community facilities that are vital to economic recovery (such as world class community halls), and industries – with a particular focus on tourism and agriculture.
An advisory committee, led by Hon Sir Peter Cosgrove AK AC (Mil) CVO MC (RETD), will oversee the initiative. Sir Peter will be joined by John Anderson AO, Rebecca Frizelle, Danny Gilbert AM, Richard Goyder AO, Katie Page, Tim Reed, Tony Shepherd AO, Yvonne von Hartel AM, Jennifer Westacott AO and Australian emergency services volunteer organisations.
In addition, this initiative will have a fund for cash contributions. These funds will be in trust managed by Equity Trustees.
For enquiries please contact us by email.