The paper is intended to contribute to a discussion about how Australian capability and talent can help to broaden our economic relationship with Japan and build on the already strong connection between our financial services industries built up over the past 15 years. It provides a starting point for Australian financial services businesses to define the opportunities and, perhaps most importantly, illustrate how organisations can navigate the inevitable risks by bringing the ‘Team Australia’ approach outlined in the Asia Taskforce Interim Report to life.
Advisors on Japanese Financial Services:
- Sam Hallinan (Chair), Managing Director, Nikko Asset Management
- Debra Hazelton, Chair AMP Limited and former Senior Advisor for Global Talent Development & Chief Executive Officer in Australia for the Mizuho Financial Group
- Bob Seidler AM, Senior Regional Executive Asia Pacific, Hitachi Ltd
- Craig Usmar, Head of Business Relationships, Japan, AMP Capital
- Emma Daly, Senior Manager, PwC Australia