This paper has been prepared as part of a series of short reports on specific topics identified by the Asia Taskforce - an initiative of the Business Council of Australia and Asia Society Australia together with knowledge partners PwC Australia and The University of Sydney Business School - to supplement the findings and recommendations contained in the Taskforce Interim Report.
One of the objectives of the Taskforce was to identify barriers to success in Asia. Education is Australia’s third biggest export category. This Discussion Paper examines the Australian university sector’s involvement in international coursework education and, in particular, the sector’s educational engagement with China, exclusive of academic research engagement.
Asia Taskforce Advisors on International Education
- John Shields, Professor and Academic Director International, University of Sydney Business School (Author)
- Greg Whitwell, Professor and Dean, University of Sydney Business School
- Glyn Davis AC, Distinguished Professor, Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University
- Nicholas Farrelly, Professor and Head of Social Sciences, University of Tasmania
- Huong Le Thu, Senior Analyst, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Sung Lee, Director, Asia Practice, PwC Australia