Indigenous employment has grown by 30 per cent among Business Council member companies since 2014, our new Indigenous Engagement Survey report shows.
Since first conducting the survey in 2009, the number of Business Council member companies with Indigenous engagement activities has grown from 30 to 90 per cent.
Key findings of the report include:
- At least 20,000 Indigenous Australians are working at Business Council companies
- $355,776,619 spent with Indigenous enterprises
- $40,064,000 contributed towards Indigenous education initiatives
- 77,920 pro bono hours provided to Indigenous organisations and communities
- 90 per cent of companies surveyed have Indigenous engagement activities
- Companies are working with more than 69 Indigenous partner organisations
- There are 965 staff across companies working on Indigenous engagement activities.