Business Council of Australia member companies are helping to create the social and economic conditions in which Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can prosper and thrive.
By identifying and sharing experiences from member companies on employment and economic development strategies that work, the Business Council is widely recognised for its leadership role in advocating good practice and policy.
Key activities include:
• Our Biennial Indigenous Engagement Survey: shows outcomes and progress in business-Indigenous engagement. Read more
• The Business–Indigenous Network: shares insights, experiences and perspectives on how best to strengthen Indigenous economic participation. Read more
• Supporting Indigenous businesses: we work closely with Supply Nation to achieve shared goals, including a thriving Indigenous business sector and greater Indigenous economic independence. We’ve recently commenced our Raising the Bar project to o grow the Indigenous procurement capability and impact of Business Council companies.
• The Independentdirectory: is a joint initiative of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations and the Business Council which allows skilled individuals to register an interest in being an independent director at an Indigenous corporation. Indigenous corporations can also advertise board vacancies.
• Business Council and the Purple House: The Business Council has joined up with member Australian Unity (AU) to support the remarkable resilience and innovation of Indigenous communities in Central Australia and the Western Desert. Read more
The BCA Secretariat contact for Indigenous Engagement is Josh Riley, Senior Manager, Citizenship.