The Business Council of Australia has elected Graham Bradley AM as its new president for a term of two years.
Mr Bradley has been an honorary member of the BCA and its board since June 2009.
Mr Bradley is Chairman of HSBC Bank Australia, Stockland Corporation, Boart Longyear, Anglo American Australia and Po Valley Energy. He is a director of Singapore Telecommunications.
He was Managing Director of Perpetual Limited from 1995 to 2003.
Under his leadership, Perpetual grew to become one of Australia's leading listed funds management and financial services groups, and its largest statutory trustee company.
Prior to joining Perpetual, Mr Bradley was national managing partner of leading national law firm Blake Dawson. Before this, he was a partner of McKinsey & Company, the leading international firm of management consultants.
Mr Bradley also devotes time to several non-profit organisations. He has been a director of the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra and a member of the State Library of New South Wales Governing Council since 2004.
He is a member of the advisory boards of the Crawford School of Economics and Government at ANU and the Australian School of Business at UNSW, and is a director of the European Australian Business Council.
Mr Bradley takes over tomorrow from Greig Gailey, who has served as BCA President for the past two years.
At the BCA’s Annual General Meeting in Sydney today, BCA members elected Greig Gailey to remain on the board for one year as Vice President.
BCA members Richard Goyder, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Wesfarmers Limited, and Gerry Hueston, President BP Australasia, were also joining the board.
The BCA Board is as follows:
- Graham Bradley AM (President)
- Greig Gailey (Vice President)
- John W.H. Denton, Partner and Chief Executive Officer, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Richard Goyder, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Wesfarmers Limited
- Gerry Hueston, President BP Australasia
- Katie Lahey, Chief Executive, Business Council of Australia
- Robert Milliner, Chief Executive Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques.
- Ralph Norris, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Hutch Ranck, Managing Director, DuPont Australia and New Zealand Limited.