As the federal government prepares to release a series of papers about Australia’s population, the BCA has developed a framework to help Australians weigh up choices for the future.
The Framework for the Development of Australia’s Population Strategy offers a step-by-step path for achieving common ground on the nation’s population strategy.
Australia will benefit from well-planned growth; this framework offers the government and the community a tool to help determine a national position on population.
The framework guides a process that involves:
- establishing our shared national goals
- laying out the facts behind population growth
- assessing different choices and future scenarios
- agreeing on a strategy most likely to deliver on our goals
- proper implementation, communication and evaluation.
Download a summary of the framework, or the associated research paper, via the links below.