In October 2019, the Business Council of Australia and Asia Society Australia with PwC and the University of Sydney Business School as knowledge partners, formed an Asia Taskforce to examine how Australian companies can increase their presence and position in Asia to ensure our continued prosperity and deliver progress for future generations.
The Taskforce’s aim was to provide a set of enduring ideas and recommendations to guide Australian thinking about how to approach the opportunities and risks of growing in Asia.
In it's final report the Taskforce is recommending that Australia should:
1. Adopt a “Team Australia” approach to developing new opportunities
2. Play to our strengths by adopting country-sector strategies
3. Learn to navigate a more complex relationship with China
4. Reboot Asia literacy by building on and nurturing past successes
5. Champion the talent in our Asian-Australian and diaspora communities