Speech on Innovation by Jennifer Westacott to the ANZSOG 2014 Conference
6 August 2014
This speech was delivered by Business Council of Australia Chief Executive Jennifer Westacott to the ANZSOG 2014 Conference, ‘Growing National Prosperity: Government’s Role in the 21st Century’, on 6 August 2014.
In the speech, Jennifer Westacott explores the context that makes innovation an imperative for both the private and public sectors.
She outlines nine insights from business on creating and nurturing the innovation culture the world now requires of us all.
- Focus on your core mission
- Understand your customers
- Learn from others and copy the best
- Create an innovation ecosystem
- Unblock the flow of information and knowledge
- Take risks
- Share successes
- Cultivate the right capabilities